Piano Keyboard Toolbar
You can choose if you want the piano toolbar showing or not with View: Toolbars, Piano – check to show or uncheck to not show on work space. Like the other toolbars, you can click and drag the piano around – just click on the double lines on the left of the bar to move it from the starting location.
Middle C on the keyboard is marked with a small horizontal line on the piano bar.
- The location of the insertion point on the staff is marked with a circle on the piano bar.
To change the size and number of keys of the piano, use View: Toolbars, Piano Style: Here you will see a large selection to fit your computer screen size and your composing needs. The “All Keys” selections include all the keys supported by NoteWorthy Composer. However, the Standard 88 selections are the keys available on standard piano. If there is a need for the keys to wrap, this is done in the lower octaves.
What can I do with this piano bar?
Following are some of the ways you can use the piano bar for note entry and play back.
Locating the insertion point: The location of the insertion point on the staff is marked with a circle on the piano bar. As you move the insertion point on the staff, this will also show on the piano bar. If you press the Enter key on the computer keyboard, a note will be placed at this position.
For note entry: Left mouse clicking on the piano keys will enter a note on the staff using the duration already selected (the position of the insertion point is irrelevant). To add a rest, left mouse click the rest icon on the piano bar or press the Space Bar. Bar lines will be added as you go based on the time signature (only when entering notes from piano bar).
To add a chord:
1. Left mouse click and hold the first note of the chord
2. Right mouse click the notes remaining in the chord – one at a time – while continuing to hold the left mouse button.
3. Release the left mouse click
4. The chord will appear on the staff
- For play back: As the song is played back, the notes will highlight in red on the piano bar.